Saturday, October 27, 2012

A letter to God

Been feeling like my little life of homemaking doesn't matter in the grand scheme.  Staying home with my two, does it really make a big difference? My little projects, crafts and pottery, and decorating, how can they be changing the world?

 Was this whole staying home thing my idea- or yours?


I feel like my mind is shrinking lately.  Can you cheer me on a little louder Lord?  Send some saints to surround me with encouragement.   I desperately need to hear, "Well done." and "It matters so much more than you can know right now."  How can I turn up the volume on your thoughts and opinions of me?  I know they are all good, I want to really know more.

I hear this song, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK1KkqNMunk by sara groves

and this verse, ""The eye is the lamp of your body; when your eye is clear, your whole body also is full of light; but when it is bad, your body also is full of darkness." -Luke 11:34

So show me how to clean what is covering my eyes so I can see everything illuminated, my home and corner of the world, and especially myself.  
Thank you- Allison

1 comment:

  1. I prayed this prayer a few months after we moved to Blacksburg - and God gave such a loud, clear answer over the course of many months. I pray and believe He will answer yours too. And know that who you are and what you're doing encourages me & so many that know you too!

    ReplyDelete