Friday, July 16, 2010

Women friends

Day at the lake I wave at a group of friends and unload the kids beside their beach towels.  I see myself in your mirrored sunglasses and I look huge, every other mom looks like the cute, small, women they are.  I try to untangle the comparison thoughts from my mind.  "No, I am myself, I am beautiful".  We sit and talk parenting and I soak up all the negative traits we talk about as my own parenting style.  "No we are all different and perfect for our own children"  I fight back the attacker in my head.  I begin to stop focusing on my faults and she the real beauty of these women.  Each ordained to mother our little individuals.  Each with beauty they wear on their sleeves and beauty that is uncovered the deeper into their spirits you go.  I feel more beautiful reflected in their mirrored beauty.  We laugh, we talk, we share, we kiss crying babies.




27. Clean and Asleep babies home from the lake
28. Time to breath
31.  Many Girlfriends by the lakewater
32. Babies gathered around us in the sand
33. "Mom, I had so much fun today!"- Dorathea
44. Old friends catching up in my living room with friendships that never are old
46. Holly Myers' giggle
47. Lovely women friends who don't bite at, talk about,  or make fun of each other.- such safety in that!

No comments:

Post a Comment