Saturday, July 17, 2010

Mud, bath, and flowers.



Her raincoat is on, umbrella in her hand.  Her barefeet in July mud splashing, laughing, squishing.  
My girl.  
I leave her to her fun.  Then, "mommy, I'm ready to come in now" Me- "Ok, stand on the big rock I'll get a soft towel".  I wash her feet, unpeel wet layers.  "How about a bath?" I ask "Yes!" she says, "Can I eat a peach after a bath?" "You can eat a peach during a bath!".  Up the stairs, I run the water, little feet go in the tub, bubbles go in.  "Mommy-"  "Yes?", "I love you more than a bath!", I reply "I love you more than bubbles!"  I love this game of her cup of love running over.  I think she is a blessing.  I leave her to her fun, door open I can hear her playing.
Downstairs I read the article about the Saussers past debt, jail time, divorce.  I sigh and share it with Ted.   Upstairs- "Mommy, I'm doo-oone!".  Upstairs she entertains me with a bath puppet show. I dry her off, we tiptoe out of her room, J is sleeping.  Downstairs we talk about the Sausser mess with Shayne.  He reads James 5 and hands me a forgiveness sheet.  I need it.  "Mommy does your stomach hurt?"  "Yes, how did you know that?" I say  "Because mine does too".  "My heart does too"  I say.  "Will you pray for mommy?"   This takes a little convincing.  But she closes her eyes and prays, "God, help mommies tummy feel better and her heart, and give her flowers, and tell her you love her".  We open our eyes "You know why I pray for God o give you flowers?" she asks "Why?".   "Because you are beautiful like flowers and you smell like them when you get out of the shower".  "Do I smell like them now?"  "No!".


50.  For four year old toes splashing in mudd
51. when little cups run over with love
52.  for the"I love you more than" game
53.  For her discerning heart
54.  For your truth through those I love
55.  For everything I need and more than enough
56.  For ordaining a  child to comfort me and give me strength today

No comments:

Post a Comment